North Star Scientific Corporation (NSS) has been in business for 15 years and is located in the Campbell Industrial Park in Kapolei. We design and manufacture products for the Department of Defense and these products include, but are not limited to high power solid state and vacuum RF amplifiers, RF switches and antennas. Most of the products are designed for airborne applications such as the Navy E2 Hawkeye. For more information, please visit our website at www.nsshawaii.com
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
• Perform visual mechanical inspection through all phases of the production process (Receiving, In-Process and Final).
• Perform receiving acceptance test.
• Generate Nonconforming Material Reports.
• Processing nonconforming/MRB material.
• Maintain accurate Quality Assurance records.
• Provide input for improvements related to the job.
• Assist with Inventory Control.
• Assist with Packaging/Shipping.
• Work independently with minimal supervision.
• Work well in teams with other department personnel.
• The duties listed above are intended only as a general illustration of the various types of work that may be performed. Specific statements of duties not included do not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or may also include other duties assigned by Management.
• High school diploma or equivalent.
• No experience necessary.
C. Abilities, Knowledge, and Skills:
• Strong organizational skills
• Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Applications: Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, etc.
• Must have strong communication skills (written and verbal).
• Strong interpersonal and time management skills.
• An eagerness for professional growth and challenging work.
• Detail-oriented and quality conscious.
• Self motivated and able to work with minimal supervision
D. Physical and/or Medical Demands:
Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; talk; reach; climb stairs; stoop; crouch; listen; vision capable of reading, viewing a computer screen and inspection of small electronic components; may occasionally lift up to 40lbs.
• One to two (1 – 2) years experience in the electronics manufacturing industry as a Quality Inspector.
• Associate’s Degree in Electronics Technology.
• Knowledge of IPC-A-610 standards.
• Knowledge of AS9100 or ISO 9001 quality management standards.