Join a spirited, dynamic team with Hawai`i’s leading credit union as we make a difference in our community – providing financial value, exceptional service, and state-of-the-art convenience to our members. You can be a member of a talented, diverse and dedicated team. Founded in 1955 by a group of UH faculty members, the credit union has grown to over $600 million in assets and more than 29,000 members. We offer our members state-of-the-art banking and convenience.
The Vice President of Information Technology / Member Support reporting directly to the CEO is responsible for the design and implementation of organizational information systems, software applications, IT support, and infrastructure systems. Direct and manage IT plans, schedules, polices, and programs for data processing, network communications, business operations, computer services, information security and management information systems according to established goals/objectives and regulation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following:
· Have demonstrated success managing IT teams
· Understand all aspects of IT components
· Be continuous improvement orientated and capable of driving efficiencies into operational environment
· Successfully manage vendor relationships
· Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
· Develop an understanding of Credit Union philosophy, organization, and operational procedures and comply with applicable state and federal regulations.
· Implement and develop best practices throughout the organization, while governing control and ensuring objectives are achieved
· Manage capacity planning process which keeps our systems infrastructure ahead of growth
· Build, manage and mentor the IT team. (Branch Services?)
· Coordinate amongst divisions to assure that infrastructure needs are being met
· Risk Management and Information Security
· Project prioritization
· Research of new systems, software, technologies and services
The Vice President of Information Technology / Member Support is also responsible for the Facilities Department.
· You will be responsible for making recommendations to promote professional appearance of branch, building and grounds.
Vice President IT / Member Support Qualifications:
· Five years recent experience in managing IT operations
· College degree in relevant field of study or equivalent experience
· Project management experience
· Highly motivated, self –starter who understands operations and technology best practices, policies, procedures and processes
· Proven leadership and track record
· Proven experience: network protocols, information security principals, storage technologies, systems planning and services management.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
In addition to competitive pay, we are proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package for our Full-Time staff members:
· 10 Federal Holidays Off
· Paid Time Off, Personal Holidays and Sick Leave
· Paid Employee Medical and Dental Insurance
· 401(k) Retirement Plan with Employer Match and Profit Sharing
· Flexible Spending Accounts: Pre-Tax Benefit
· Group Life Insurance, Long Term Care and Disability Insurance
· Employee Assistance Program
· Employee Loan Discount
· Internal and External Professional Development Opportunities
If you are interested in this position, please fill out the application (PDF) located on our UHFCU.com website under Careers, and send along with your resume.
The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, The University of Hawai`i Federal Credit Union complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.